Specified and tested levels of performance to the following risks:
- Burning behavior (1 to 4): time needed for ignition after flame or after glow.
- Contact heat (1 to 4): temperature needed to achieve threshold time.
- Convective heat (1 to 4): convective heat transfer index.
- Radiant heat (1 to 4): radiant heat transfer index.
- Small splashes of molten metal (1 to 4): number of droplets which produce a temperature rise of 40°C.
- Large quantities of molten metal (1 to 4): weight of molten iron for which glove resist without any smoothness or other changes to the grained surface.
The sign X, instead of a number, means that the glove is not designed for the use covered by the corresponding test.
The numbers below the symbol indicate the level of performance achieved by the glove (from left to right) to burning behavior, contact heat, convective heat, radiant heat, small splashes of molten metal and large quantities of molten metal.
|Performance level||contact heat (°C)||Threshold time (s)|